The consumption of blueberries and strawberries is associated with delayed cognitive aging by as much as 2.5 years—thought to be because of brain-localizing anthocyanin phytonutrients, as shown on functional MRI scans.
What other ways could we improve our memory and cognitive function?
- Benefits of Rosemary for Brain Function
- Higher Blood Pressure May Lead to Brain Shrinkage
- Best Aromatherapy Herb for Alzheimer’s
- How to Prevent Alzheimer’s with Diet
- Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Teens?
- Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Adults?
- Brain-Healthy Foods to Fight Aging
- Do Lutein Supplements Help with Brain Function?
What other near-miraculous properties of berries are there?
- The Benefits of Açai vs. Blueberries for Artery Function
- The Antioxidant Effects of Açai vs. Apples
- Benefits of Blueberries for Artery Function
- Benefits of Blueberries for Blood Pressure May Be Blocked by Yogurt
- Benefits of Blueberries for the Brain
- Benefits of Blueberries for Mood & Mobility
- Best Brain Foods – Berries & Nuts Put to the Test
- Benefits of Blueberries for Heart Disease
They are one of my daily dozen of the healthiest of healthy foods I encourage everyone to include in their daily diet (check out Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen Checklist and feel free to download the app for iPhone or Android). I add them to my morning smoothie: A Better Breakfast.
This is part of our new #FlashbackFriday series.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flash… and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flash…. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_…
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFact…
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_…
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Nutritionfac…
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/