Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: We have tremendous power over our health destiny and longevity.
Last month I was so excited to be approached by fellow youtuber Malkhaz Geldiashvili of FightMediocrity, expressing interest in animating an overview of How Not to Die. What a perfect addition to my introductory video series. I sent him some narration and two weeks later it was done!
These videos that depart from my typical deep dives into the primary nutrition science literature are just my attempts at mixing things up a bit and hoping to appeal to those just opening their eyes and mouths to evidence-based eating. If you want to see the other eleven introductory videos, here they are:
1. The Story of NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-s…)
2. Why You Should Care About Nutrition (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-y…)
3. Taking Personal Responsibility for Your Health (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/takin…)
4. The Philosophy of NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-p…)
5. Behind the Scenes at NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/behin…)
6. How Not to Die from Heart Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n…)
7. How Not to Die from Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n…)
8. How Not to Die from Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n…)
9. How Not to Die from Kidney Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n…)
10. How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-n…)
11. What is the Healthiest Diet? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-…)
This video is part of an experiment to find ways to appeal to those new to the site. So much of what I do is targeted towards those who already know the basics. But, in the user survey about a thousand of you filled out a few weeks ago, many of you asked for me to take a step back, and do some videos targeted more towards those new to evidence-based nutrition.
So, with the volunteer help of videographer Grant Peacock, I came up with ten introduction- and overview-type videos for both new users to orient themselves, and for long-time users to use to introduce people to the site. If you missed The Story of NutritionFacts.org, check that out, and stay tuned for:
- Taking Personal Responsibility for Your Health
- The Philosophy of NutritionFacts.org
- Behind the Scenes at NutritionFacts.org
- How Not to Die from Heart Disease
- How Not to Die from Cancer
- How Not to Die from Diabetes
- How Not to Die from Kidney Disease
- How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure
What we’re going to do is alternate between these broader overview-type videos, and the regularly scheduled content—so as not to bore those who just crave the latest science.
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here.