The FDA appears to have caved in to industry pressure in allowing intestines potentially infected with mad cow disease prions into food products and lipstick.
Unfortunately, this is not the first time that the FDA has caved to industry pressures. See, for example:
- Artificial Food Colors & ADHD
- Antibiotics: Agribusinesses’ Pound of Flesh
- Aspartame & the Brain
- Getting Under Our Skin – BPA on Receipts
As scary as rare infections like mad cow disease are, we are much more likely to be disabled or killed by more conventional foodborne pathogens, such as bacteria. See, for example:
- C. difficile Superbugs in Meat
- MRSA in U.S. Retail Meat
- Superbugs in Conventional vs. Organic Chicken
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here.