If you have lost a loved one, have you ever considered seeing a medium? For some, this is their first thought when seeking answers for unasked questions or if they want to simply know if their loved one is at peace in their new surroundings. For others, it is against the religious text they follow or they simply don’t believe and think they will be cold-read and scammed out of their money!
Ever since I was a child I was skeptical of the whole heaven and hell concept (mostly the hell part – it made no sense!), but I always simply knew that there was more out there than my society let on. Those who claimed they could move things with their minds, astral project, and talk to the dead always intrigued me, but of course I was skeptical – these things were just in the movies, not real life, right?
The first time I spoke with a medium about my little sister, I was immediately blown away. There was no guessing, only straight forward facts where your reply ‘yes’ was only a courtesy! Her mannerisms and witty, but shy, personality came through right away, as well as messages for her friends that my mom and I didn’t understand but they did!
So if you have been thinking about seeing a medium but have been skeptical about the whole thing, here are some reasons why you should go!
1. Your Loved One(s) Will Come Through – Simply knowing and understanding that your loved one is still around you and that their soul (or whatever you want to call the essence of who you are) still exists is wonderfully and unexpectedly comforting.
2. Your Loved One(s) Know What You Need to Hear – I’m not saying that mediums tell you what you want to hear, I’m saying that your passed loved ones know what bothers you most about their passing; whether it’s that you didn’t get to say goodbye, that you feel guilty, that you feel like you did the wrong thing – they will know what to say to let you know that you did the best you could, that it’s not your fault, and that they are happy and healthy where they are. Recently, my mom and I saw Theresa Caputo and my grandfather came through to tell her that she has been worried about whether or not she made the right decision, and he wanted her to know that she did. Amazing!
3. You Will Get Closure – There have been studies and surveys which indicate that the level of closure experienced from a loved one coming through a medium is much higher than any other form of therapy or treatment! In short, those who have seen a medium and had their passed loved ones come through feel significantly better than those who seek counseling.
4. You Can Get Advice About Big Decisions – I had been trying to decide whether or not to get a tattoo for my little sister (it would be my first!) and what to get if I wanted to. When I was being read, Theresa Caputo asked if I had a tattoo for her yet. When I said no, she said my sister would love it, but it was really up to me. Your loved ones know what is going on in your life and can give you advice through a medium about big life decisions you are considering going through with, usually to your surprise!
5. Dealing With Greif and Pain – Mediums can help you heal emotionally by giving you hope about the afterlife, your loved ones place in it, and understanding that your grief is over the loss of their physical bodies.
6. Curiosity About What Happens When You Die – Those who are terminally ill, worried about dying, or concerned their loved ones are in a ‘bad place’ can quelled their worries by speaking with a medium. Even if you are simply interested if mediums or an afterlife are real, seeing one will extinguish any worries or questions you have!
7. Unanswered Questions – Near the end of his life, my grandfather was on a vent in an induced coma. My sisters and I would all stop by to visit him while my mother and grandmother stayed by his side. Because he was unresponsive, we have always wondered if he heard our last goodbyes and knew we were there with him. A medium was able to answer these questions without us even asking – your loved ones know what bothers you and can come through mediums to comfort you and offer you closure.
8. Signs and Signals – Mediums can also let you know what signs and symbols your loved ones will send you! For me, I always happen to look at the clock at 1:11, 2:22 and so on, as well as 4:16 (my little sisters birthday). This is Christina’s way of letting me know she’s around and to think of her. For my mom, the channel Pamela Aaralyn let her know that Christina sends her birds and slams doors, and of course my mom has been seeing birds all around her (sometimes they let her pick them up!) and we hear doors slam all the time in our home. Acknowledging and thanking your loved one for signs will let them know to keep sending them, and to send more.
Always be sure to read reviews about your mediums or ask a friend for a suggestion, because unfortunately there are tricksters out there who use fear (‘_____’ is wrong with you, you need a two week session for ‘$$$’ to clear you of it or else you will never find love!) to make a quick buck, and dissuade people from seeing an actual medium. So go out there and give mediums a shot, especially if you have lost someone close to you, I promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised!!
Love and light to you all!
For more articles by Missy Marston, click here!