by Jaclyn Shea
Basically, there is this physical dimension, Earth. There is an agreement on time, gravity and space. There are concrete actions and reactions that science has come to accept as “laws”. The Law of Attraction is a universal natural law that is ongoing and present at all times, at least I believe it to be. This natural law states that thought energy and projected energy attract similar energy. Thus, we attract things into our lives according to our thoughts and projected energy. We attract into our lives whatever we direct our conscious attention to.
Moving from Negative to Positive
Every aspect of ourselves; our body, our mind; is composed of energy, including our thoughts. This is fact. If you think negative thoughts, you are emitting negative energy. And the situation is better vice-versa, if you think positive thoughts you emit positive energy, and attract positive experiences into your life.
This may seem simple, but the hard part is training your mind to re-focus and emit positive energy towards what you want in life. When I first started to shift my thinking, I realized how horrendously negative my thoughts were throughout the day. Critical judgments about the way I looked, to how I talked, to the traffic I anticipated on my commute; I had to consciously shift these negative thoughts into positive ones. It took time and patience.
The first step was to recognize my negative thought patterns. The second step was to forgive myself for those negative thoughts. When you can acknowledge a negative thought and either dismiss it or turn it into a positive one, you have made great strides. Eventually, this way of thinking becomes second nature and you will begin to see your life change for the better.
Harnessing More Positive Energy
Here are some basic tips to harness more positive energy in your life:
1. Step one, people! Make a vision board or vision album. Collect pictures of dream vacations, jobs, relationships, fitness, inspirational quotes and put them on a board or in an album that you will see every single day. This sounds a little third grade, but trust me with this one.
2. Be clear with your intentions. Think of what you want down to the details and focus on it multiple times throughout the day.
3. It’s okay to be unrealistic. Dream big. You’ll thank yourself later.
4. When you are thinking of what you want in life, exclude the barriers that will prevent you from getting there.) The universe has a funny way of giving you what you are attracting so have fun with this. Think of the outcome (not so much the solution at first). For example, I have always wanted to go to Squaw Valley, California. I put a picture of a waterfront bar called “Chambers” on my vision board. 8 months later, my husband won a $5,000 grant to go to Squaw Valley and took me with him.
5. Forgive yourself. Forgive others. Let go and be thankful. I know haha, forgiveness, blah blah blah. Just do it. It’s a very important step.
6. Move on! Every day when you wake review what you are thankful for. If you appreciate what you love and have, you will continue to receive it tenfold.
7. Surround yourself with people who make you happy. This can be difficult if you have draining family members or coworkers (hopefully they’re not reading this right now, yikes hi! love ya!), but surround yourself with positive energy and try to avoid situations that drain your energy. If you surround yourself with people who inspire you, the energy is contagious.
8. Take care of your body. Be good to yourself. I cannot stress enough how important self-care is. Plan out something once a day that makes you happy. We all have busy lives, but if you leave ten minutes early for work and pull over at a nearby trail for a sunrise walk and then continue your commute to work, the rest of your day will live off the positive energy you set for yourself that morning.
9. When you dream big and try to manifest the good in your life, the key is to believe that you already have it. Make yourself so excited for those dreams to manifest that you expect them to happen. The energy that harnesses in your body, tricks your mind that you already have it and accelerates the process. It works.
10. Live in the moment. What is happening at this exact moment in time? Embrace yourself in the here and now. When you focus on past events and to-do lists (my biggest fault I’m quite the list maker), you lose sight of the energy that is bringing positivity into your life.
Get excited about your future while being truly grateful where you’re at right now. Sometimes when we vision board, we get so excited about our future that we need to those things to manifest now, or else we feel a void. This void will prohibit your dreams. This is the hardest of all, but try to be truly happy in the moment, even with those vision boards.
Hint: After you look at your vision board before bed, write a gratitude list of 3 things you are happy for right now.
Everything in your life and the lives of those around you is affected by this energy. Everything you experience is attracted to you because this energy is responding to the thoughts that you are offering, not your current reality. Your thoughts have energy, and thus, magnetic power. Your health, relationships, financial status, opportunities, will for adventurel everything is connected to this energy. As Albert Einstein stated, “Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy, this is physics.”